Federal Campus Security Act of 1990 / Clery Act
Complying with the Federal Campus Security Act of 1990, the PHSC Annual Security Report shows crime statistics so that students and staff are aware of the number of crimes that occur on our campuses.
Considering that more than 10,000 students pass through our campuses yearly, we feel that PHSC compares favorably with colleges nationwide. You can use this information in comparing PHSC with other institutions of similar size.
Please view the online PHSC Annual Security Report document for latest information on reported crime statistics.
The Clery Act requires U.S. colleges and universities receiving federal student financial aid to disclose timely and annual information about crime on and around their campuses. Recent amendments to the law have added a requirement that schools afford the victims of campus sexual assaults certain basic rights and have expanded reporting requirements. The crimes reported are not necessarily committed against a member of the college community.
FDLE Sexual Predator/Offender Information
The Federal Campus Crime Prevention Act of 2000 requires Higher Education Institutions to issue a statement informing the College Community where they may obtain information compiled by the state regarding Sexual Offenders and Predators. The act also requires registered Sexual Offenders/Predators to provide to appropriate state officials (Florida Department of Law Enforcement) notice of each institution of higher education at which the offender/predator is employed, carries on a vocation, or is a student.
Information regarding Sexual Offenders and Predators is available:
- online http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/
- by calling FDLE toll-free at 1-888-357-7332 (M-F 8:00am – 5:00pm, EST)
- by contacting the local law enforcement agency having jurisdiction.
How to access the state Sexual Offender/Predator database for institutes of higher education:
- Go to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement website at http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us
- Hover over the “Search” tab at the top right of page.
- Select the “University/Campus Search” from the drop down menu.
- Using the “University” drop down menu locate Pasco-Hernando State College and from the “Campus” drop down menu select the desired campus.
- Once the selections are made click on the “search” key on the right.