Communications from the President
The President provides frequent updates regarding college operations related to COVID-19, including video messages and written communications.
- June 9, 2021 - PHSC Students, Faculty and Staff
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, PHSC has adhered to and implemented guidelines and recommendations set for by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The College’s adherence to the recommended practices has minimized the spread of the virus on our campuses. During the past few weeks, according to the CDC, the number of vaccinated citizens has increased in communities throughout the nation, and they have indicated a decrease in the positivity rates (3% or less) of individuals tested. Consequently, the CDC has recommended the wearing of face coverings to be optional (indoors or outdoors) for individuals who have been fully vaccinated.
Effective immediately, PHSC will follow the CDC recommendation of optional face mask wearing (inside or outside) for fully vaccinated employees, students, or individuals who visit our campuses. Relative protocols (social distancing, especially for non-vaccinated individuals) and the continuous practices that will help ensure the safety of students and employees on all of our campuses are encouraged. PHSC will continue to monitor and review guidelines presented by the CDC, our local health agencies, and the Florida Department of Education.
Coronavirus Emergency Relief for Students
- CARES Act
Funding is no longer available for PHSC students through the CARES Act Emergency Relief Fund Grant.
- Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA)
Note: Funding is no longer available for PHSC students through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA).
Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) emergency funds for PHSC students are now available! Students who have experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19 and meet the federal emergency fund eligibility requirements should complete the CRRSAA emergency funds application.
What is the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) student emergency fund program?
Under the federal Higher Education Emergency Fund II Appropriations Act, the CRRSAA emergency relief grant program provides colleges and universities with emergency financial aid funds to award to students who have experienced a financial hardship as a result of COVID-19. (Students who have been previously awarded CARES Act emergency funds can also be awarded CRRSAA emergency funds if they meet CRRSAA eligibility requirements.)
Eligible Expenses for Emergency Grant Funds
CRRSAA grant funding includes the following COVID-19 related student emergency costs:
- Tuition/Technology/Supply Costs
- Personal Expenses
In order to be eligible for CRRSAA student emergency funds, students must complete the PHSC CRRSAA request form, be enrolled in the current semester, have a valid 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file, and have experienced a COVID-19 related financial hardship.
PHSC CRRSAA emergency funds will be awarded to eligible students on a first come-first serve basis with a one-time grant payment.
Single grant payments will be awarded in the amount of either $2500.00 or $1,500.00 as determined by the student’s FAFSA expected family contribution (EFC).
- CRRSAA Higher Education Emergency Fund II Appropriations Act (HEERF II) Quarterly Report
March 31, 2021 Quarterly Report
- Pasco-Hernando State College acknowledges that our institution has signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and that the college intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act-Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that Pasco-Hernando State College has received from the Department of Education pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students (CRRSAA) is $3,287,454.00.
- The total amount of CRRSAA Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of March 31, 2021 is $995,246.00.
- The estimated number of students at Pasco-Hernando State College eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive CRRSAA Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 10,473.
- 427 students have received CRRSAA Emergency Financial Aid Grant funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of March 31, 2021.
- Pasco-Hernando State College has made a CRRSAA grant request form available to students through the PHSC web site. The CRRSAA grant request form provides students with a self-identifying method to report eligible financial expenses the student has experienced as a result of COVID-19 hardship. The CRRSAA request form identifies grant eligibility criteria and instructions to return the completed form to the Financial Aid Office for processing. CRRSAA grant funds are awarded to eligible students in the amount of $2,500 or $1,500. FAFSA-EFC method has been used to determine student exceptional need eligibility and grant award amount.
- The CRRSAA student grant process was approved by a PHSC institutional committee which included the President’s Advisory Leadership Team. PHSC students have been provided with the CRRSAA grant request form, application directions, and guidance through the institution’s web site, students emails, and social media communication.